|Bring over the tail of the Pseudodog|
"…for this I can give you…"
Bring over the tail of the Pseudodog is an optional mission featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
|“|| Winter's coming soon. And what do chicks like to wear there on the Big Land during winter? That's right - furs. So now there's a new fashion going around, making various accessories from the tails of pseudodogs. It's some sort of special fur! Bottom line, there's an order for such a tail. Will you take it?|
Acquiring the mission Edit
The mission is given by Sidorovich as a first 'bring a part of a monster body' quest and is available at the start of the game.
- As with all side missions, it helps to bargain from a position of strength, so try to have the item before taking the mission.
- The Pseudodog's tail icon can sometimes be hard to notice while looting pseudodg's body, especially while looking on a dark ground, so it is advised to check if it is on the corpse via mouse clicking.
- There are only a few Pseudodogs in Cordon: one spawns on the end of a closed road to Dark Valley, two more spawn to East of the place where Fox can be found. After re-entering Cordon, pseudodogs may also spawn to East of the main road between Military outpost and Railway bridge.
- Pseudodogs are pretty common in many other areas and they will find the player on several occasions.
- If dart shells are deemed necessary in the early game, this seems to be a pretty good deal overall, especially if the player wants to eliminate the Military outpost on the Railway bridge without wasting 5.45×39 mm ammunition – valuable and uncommon at this stage of the game. Compare with the other, similarly rewarded mission given by Sakharov.
- This is one of a few ways to get dart type of shotgun ammo; 10 more dart rounds can be found in the Freedom base in Army Warehouses, and 50 more rounds can be received after completing another of Sidorovich's quests – Bring the jaw of the Bloodsucker.