Chemical/Activated by contact
|Shadow of Chernobyl|
|Call of Pripyat|
|“|| An anomaly of unknown nature. On contact inflicts injuries similar to the effects of a strong acid. Forms three types of artifacts: Slime, Slug and Mica.|
- Shadow of Chernobyl Encyclopedia
The Fruit Punch is a puddle of lambent green liquid that is easily visible in almost any environment due to its bright glow and distinctive hissing and bubbling noises. On contact with creatures or objects such as bolts, a Fruit Punch lights up brightly and emits a sharp hissing sound. It is extremely corrosive, damaging creatures and objects on contact. Any matter left in a Fruit Punch will eventually dissolve, hinting at the anomaly's corrosive nature and spelling doom for any protective suit. For players, contact with a Fruit Punch will cause damage with each 'flash'. This anomaly is commonly found underground.
Concerning its characteristics, it is generally accepted that it derives from the remnants of a highly radioactive spill of some reactive substance that gained its anomalous abilities from the Zone. Its corrosive properties are exhibited by its intense and rapid damage to all living tissue and inorganic matter, metal and plastic alike.
Owing to its ability to spawn artifacts in Shadow of Chernobyl, and not in Clear Sky, it could be said that the last emission seen in Clear Sky destabilized the Zone somewhat and dispersed the Gas Anomaly, replacing it with the Fruit Punch instead. It's fairly common, occurring mostly in buildings and underground complexes, usually in an isolated spot.
In Call Of Pripyat, both Fruit Punch and Gas anomalies can be found, and in some cases they actually seem to merge together. Anomalous activity and radiation combine to create a deadly blend of both highly corrosive liquid, directly damaging armor and equipment, and a toxic cloud of poisonous gas that deals direct health and stamina damage. In Call of Pripyat, Fruit Punch by itself can only be found very rarely, and as per the norm, only in closed or confined areas.
Shadow of ChernobylEdit
Clear Sky and Call of PripyatEdit
- This form of chemical anomaly is known to periodically spawn artifacts such as the Soul. (Clear Sky)
- Gas replaces Fruit Punch as the anomaly that produces artifacts. (Call Of Pripyat)
Shadow of ChernobylEdit
Fruit Punch appears only in two locations: One in the second part of the Agroprom Underground at the bottom of the staircase near a backpack stash, and the second in the Red Forest mine in a couple of collapsed and filled in vents in the floor.
Call of PripyatEdit
This anomaly is met with very rarely. One is to be found in the Volkhov AA Complex just beneath feet in a ventilation shaft. And in the Department Store Basement some Fruit Punch and Gas anomalies can be observed.
- In Shadow of Chernobyl, a stash in the Cordon contains a special Leather Jacket that was supposedly left in a Fruit Punch for a brief period. As a result, the jacket has slight healing properties.
- By wearing four Pellicle artifacts, a stalker can heal wounds and repair their armor by standing in the Fruit Punch.
- In the popular fan-made series of Stalker Complete mods, the Fruit Punch anomaly is recolored blue. This is to reflect the "Slime" in the novel that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is heavily influenced by, Roadside Picnic.