|Shadow of Chernobyl|
|Call of Pripyat|
|“|| You can't go there!|
Garik (named Garry in more recent translations of the game i.e. digital download from Steam) (Гарик) was a character who appeared in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
Shadow of ChernobylEditHe appears in Shadow of Chernobyl as a bouncer who guards a hallway in the 100 Rads Bar, which is located in Rostok. The cut bios from Shadow of Chernobyl indicate that Zhorik, the other bouncer at 100 Rads is his twin brother. Garik cannot be interacted with and if one approaches him, he will say his famous one liner: "You can't go there!"
Call of Pripyat Edit
He also appears in Call of Pripyat, as a loner working for the scientists in Jupiter. He gives one job: to find two artifacts so that he can get out of the contract with the scientists. There are three different outcomes to this quest:
- The player does not give Garik any artifacts - he suggests he had to worm his way out of his contract with Hermann.
- The player gives Garik one of the artifacts - He mentions he found the last artifact on his own, but does not reward the player for his partial assistance.
- The player gives Garik both artifacts - he gives the player 6000 RU on the spot, as well as the locations of two stashes. When you meet him again in Pripyat, he will also give you a rare Bubble artifact, provided that you speak with the Military commander about him first.
Once the player makes it to Pripyat, regardless of whether or not he assisted Garik, he appears in the Laundromat along with the military unit, having guided some of them to Pripyat himself. After eliminating the first Monolith garrison, he confronts the player and confesses he escorted Mercenaries into Pripyat, barely escaping with his life, setting up an important sidequest. In normal gameplay, Garry acts as a Guide, being able to escort the player from Yanov to Pripyat for 5000 RU, and vice versa for free. In Yanov, Garry is found at the bar of Yanov Station with Pilot.
If you choose to stay into the zone after the Pripyat Evacuation, you can ask him to leave the zone and complete the game. The same can be done with Pilot.
"You can't go there!"
"Talk to Barkeep"
- In Shadow of Chernobyl, the Marked One cannot engage in any conversation with Garik.
- One can actually force entry inside the kitchen by pushing a crate near the outside of the bar entrance and move it towards Garrik. He will then be shoved into the space behind him, allowing the player to proceed. In fact, Garrik will actually move out of the way to allow him to be free and proceeds to guard the kitchen entrance after he leaves.
- Garik appears in the trailer of Call of Pripyat as the guide leading a group of stalkers to Jupiter and then to Pripyat. Him going to Jupiter appears to be canon as he comments he was the first stalker to find a path to Jupiter.
- Garik is one of the more important secondary characters in Call of Pripyat - the player's actions towards him influences at least three quest lines (the Researchers, Mercenary, and Military quest lines). He and Yar also become the player's only constant link to the outside world while he's in Pripyat.
- Garik can take the player from Pripyat to Yanov for free, however going from Yanov to Pripyat costs 5000 RU.
- It costs only 4000 RU if you arrange a direct trip from Skadovsk to Pripyat, compared to spending 5000 RU if one were to travel to Yanov first.