These jobs can be taken from NPCs who have "How can I help you?" as an option in their dialogue box. They are usually taken from the squad leader. Doing these jobs both nets cash from the respective faction and reputation. However, these jobs will only maximize your reputation bar by a half, one cannot achieve anything further than that unless one joins the actual faction. Other than the ones listed as "Only attainable at -location-", these jobs are taken from the faction's base of operations area. Apart from the few jobs that gives the reward on the spot (only at Military Warehouses), your reward is taken from either the faction's Trader or Barman, which is located in their base of operations. Also note that you don't necessarily have to complete each job to advance to each one, if you fail one you can still take the next one, but you cannot take the failed job again.
NOTE: Delivery jobs involving ammo do not earn you any cash and actually cost you the ammo out of your own inventory.
- Return Item: PMm – Retrieve a custom PMm from a fallen squad leader in the Swamps.
- Return Item: Clear Sky scout's PDA – Retrieve the PDA containing information from a fallen Clear Sky pathfinder. See Hidden Veles Detector for location.
- Return Item: Stone Flower – Retrieve the artifact from a fallen Loner who was not able to traverse out of the anomaly field.
- Return Item: AKM-74/2U – Retrieve this particular assault rifle stolen by the Renegades from an arms deal with the Military.
- Return Item: Leather Jacket – Retrieve an experimental Leather jacket in the Swamps.
- Capture: Encampment near truck - Take over the camp north of the Machine yard, then repel the counter-attack. When the mission is complete, Clear Sky returns to the Machine yard and the Renegades return, so you can repeat this mission as many times as you want.
- Return Item: Lucky detector – Retrieve a discarded detector from a radiation hot-spot.
- Return Item: Special Medkit – Retrieve a special medkit from a watchtower in the army outpost to treat a gravely irradiated stalker.
- Return Item: "Magic" Vodka – Retrieve a specially made bottle of vodka with a whopping 80-90% alcoholic content from a dead chemist's stash.
- Return Item: Trophy Akm 47/2 – Retrieve this holy tool of righteous destruction from the old vehicle station.
- Eliminate Bandits at the Abandoned Farmstead – Eliminate the Bandit squadron just outside the Loner base who has been mugging stalkers bringing Shilov their loot. Taken from trader Shilov.
- Return Item: Inscribed pistol – Retrieve a special PMm with an engraving from a stash near the flea market. Only attainable in the Garbage.
- Return Item: A Durable Leather Jacket – Retrieve a special leather jacket from a dead Loner who died in an anomaly field. The jacket was said to be durable enough to negate all damage from all anomalies which was supposedly true…but the user wasn't included. Only attainable in the Garbage.
- Freshy's PDA – Retrieve Freshy's PDA from a stash in his camp. Only attainable in the Garbage. Taken from Wild Napr.
- Give Stringov the 2000 rubles – Meet Stringov to deliver the final payment for the smuggler. The meet turns out to be an ambush and you must kill Stringov and get the PDA from his corpse and bring it back to Wild Napr. Only attainable in the Garbage. Taken from Wild Napr.
- Attack Concentration Camp – Liberate the stalkers from the concentration camp (AKA: Vehicle graveyard) with the help of a few diggers and show the everyone you're not just a heartless mercenary. Only attainable in the Garbage. Taken from Wild Napr. One of the slaves will give you the coordinates of a fully modified Kora-919.
- Return Item: Souvenir Grenade – Retrieve a training grenade inside the Yantar factory complex. Only taken in Yantar. You have to go back to the Neutral base to get your reward of 1500 (the guide will charge you 3000 one way). To return, the guide will only take you to the Agroprom Factory for 2600.
- Return Item: Scarlet Flower – Retrieve this one of a kind ladies magnet from the corpse of a dead loner in the small swamp. Only attainable in Yantar. You have to go back to the Neutral base to get your reward of 5000 (the guide will charge you 2600 one way). To return, the guide will only take you to the Agroprom Factory for 2600.
- Tank machine gun: Talk to the first squad leader you find for this job to avoid making two trips. The job is to find the Tank, which you need to do anyway, and return the machine gun.
- Guard the stalkers on their way to the anomalous area: When you recover the missing group's PDA, you receive a new task: Find a way to the anomalous area. When you reach the location on your map, you meet a squad leader who will offer you the job of escorting them to the Devilish encampment in the red forest. One will meet strong resistance from numerous Snorks and a Pseudogiant. The squad leader (or any other alive stalker) will give you a Gravi as a reward.
- Return Item: Meat Chunk – Retrieve the artifact from corpse of a dead stalker in the marshes. Watch out for two Controllers after you get the artifact.
- Return Item: A bandit's Chaser 13 – Retrieve the bandit's shotgun from the corpse of another bandit who died in anomalies.
- Return Item: Modified shooter – Retrieve a fully modified Black Kite from a dead Renegade who didn't have a good conversation with Yoga.
- Return Item: Cossacks 2 vodka – Retrieve a bottle of special bathtub gin from a stash near the Bandit Depot.
- Yoga's recruitment job: The 3 jobs from Yoga that includes killing Stringov, a Smuggler and Wild Napr's Loner squad in the Flea Market. Reward is a total of 3000 rubles, a modified Kora-919, a stockpile of assault rifles and ability to join Bandits (after flooding Agroprom Underground).
- Return Item: Serega's guitar – Retrieve a special guitar signed by Serega's girlfriend.
- Return Item: USB drive with movies on it – Retrieve a USB full of the latest movies from a radiation hotspot, thrown there by Lingov.
- Return Item: 8x scope – Retrieve a special scope from a fallen stalker near an anomaly field.
- Retrieve Item: Mechanic's friend's PDA – Retrieve a PDA from a fallen Freedom member who was killed by Bloodsuckers. Taken from Uncle Yar.
- Eliminate Bandits at the Gas Station – Eliminate a squad of bandits, based in the Gas Station across Freedom's base. Taken from Ganja.
- Purge the Dark Valley of Mercenaries – Take control of 2 triagulator antennas in the Dark Valley by killing the mercs guarding it and proceed to take over the abandoned factory. Taken from Chekhov and an initiation to be enlisted into Freedom. Reward is a flash disk containing upgrades for SVU worth 6250 rubles.
- Return Item: Commander's PDA – Retrieve a PDA filled with Freedom's operations movement from a stash. Only taken in the Military Warehouses area. Can be taken from Loners or Duty instead. Gives 3000 rubles on the spot.
- Return Item: Ammunition – Retrieve ammunition from a crashed Hind D gunship, being held by Monolith Veterans. Only taken in the Military Warehouses area. Can be taken from Loners or Duty instead. Gives 2000 rubles on the spot.
- Return Item: Flame – Retrieve this artifact from a stash inside the Bloodsucker village. Only taken in the Military Warehouses area. Can be taken from any squad leader. Gives a GP 37 on the spot. Notice that if you already have a Flame artifact in your inventory, you don't get the location of the artifact you're supposed to find, since you can return one immediately. Just drop it temporarily somewhere safe and the objective will change to the quest's artifact location. Also when returning it, ensure you only have the quest's Flame artifact in the inventory, or else you'll lose the other one.
- Return Item: Duty member's assault rifle – Retrieve an AC-96/2 of a now sober Duty member who got drunk at the stalker outpost in Agroprom.
- Return Item: Duty member's case – Retrieve a case full of supplies from the Agroprom underground.
- Return Item: PDA with secret information – Retrieve a mugged Duty stalker's PDA containing movements of Bandits in a stash in the Garbage.
- Return Item: Ripper shotgun – Retrieve a limited edition SPSA14 named "Ripper" from a mutant hole guarded by a Pseudogiant (if it's not killed earlier).
(Note that Loners may also offer these jobs, though if you want a better reputation with Duty, you should do it for them.)
- Return Item: Tank machine gun – Retrieve a unique turret mounted RP-74 from the derelict tank in the Red Forest. Note that you will need to unload it before taking this HMG because it's fully loaded with 2000 7.62 PP rounds and weighs 33.5 kg. Only obtainable in the Red Forest area. Note also that this weapon can also be sold to any barmen in the Zone for almost 100% of its value - 69999 rubles, and 4000 7.62 PP rounds (additional 2000 rounds are hidden in the tank itself) are also a good reward from this mission.
- Return Item: A PDA with a map of the Red Forest – Retrieve a PDA containing detailed notes about the Red Forest from a group of dead stalkers killed by anomalies and mutants. Only obtainable in the Red Forest area.
- Return Item: Experimental device – Retrieve an experimental device made by the ecologists in the mine shaft in the Red Forest, note that you will face 2 incredibly tough Poltergeists. Refer to this page for combat tips. Only obtainable in the Red Forest area.
- The only two sidemissions that are taken in one location while requiring to travel to another one are both situated at Agroprom. First one; "Return Item: Duty member's case", requires travelling to Agroprom Underground; second one; "Return Item: Duty member's PDA", requires travelling to Garbage.