The Main missions in Clear Sky form part of the storyline of the game and each main mission completed will guide the player through the story as it unfolds. Most of the main missions will have to be completed to be able to move on in the game. When a main mission has been completed the next main mission required to proceed in the game will be given to the player. The next mission will be shown on the player’s PDA and a red icon will be placed on the map showing the location of the next mission. A mission message will also be placed in the player’s log. The player can refer to these at any time for help. Main missions have a compass picture icon in the player’s log. Some missions with the compass icon in the player’s log are actually optional and are usually to do with special rewards or similar errands.
There are very few enemy kills that are required to complete main missions. With speed, agility and planning the player can often just head to the mission objective and do what is required to complete it. Sometimes killing enemies involved in a main mission will make the task easier to complete, but often it is not necessary to engage with enemies and take damage. When a main mission actually requires that the player has to kill an enemy, this is noted in the sections below.
Main missions should not be confused with Side Missions which are totally optional and do not have to be undertaken or completed.
In the following sections missions are not optional and have to be undertaken and completed unless noted otherwise.
Part 1: Inside Clear Sky base.
- Talk to the barman: Ask the barman about Clear Sky base.
- Talk to Lebedev: Find out what Lebedev wanted.
- Take the equipment from the trader: Get the set of equipment from the trader.
- Head to the outpost with the guide: Ask the guide to take you to the outpost.
Part 2: In the Great Swamps.
- Optional - Help Clear Sky at the outpost: Respond to the help signal from the Clear Sky outpost.
- Optional - Ascend the tower: Ascend the tower to escape the monsters.
- Optional - Collect your reward: >Flash drive with data on superlight kevlar body armor.
- Optional - Kill the boars: Eliminate the boars attacking the Clear Sky outpost.
- Return to the Clear Sky base: Reach cover inside the Clear Sky base before the emission hits.
Part 3: Inside Clear Sky base.
- Ask Lebedev about what happened: Ask Lebedev about what happened after the second emission.
- Talk to Sidorovich
- Go to the great Swamps with the guide: Ask the guide to take you to the great Swamps.
Part 4: In the Great Swamps.
- Optional - Reinforce Clear Sky’s presence at the Swamps: Reinforce Clear Sky’s presence at the Swamps by eliminating enemy forces.
- Optional - Collect your reward: >3000RU >Flash drive with data on submachine gun barrel modification.
- Optional - Capture the Machine yard: Capture the Machine yard to the northeast of the Swamps by taking out the bandits there.
- Go to the Cordon with the guide: Meet the guide and go to the Cordon with him.
- Talk to Sidorovich: Ask Sidorovich about the stalker who was interested in strange components. It’s the only clue Clear Sky has about why the Zone is being shaken by emissions.
- Meet the stalkers beyond the embankment: Talk to Valerian the stalker leader. He might know about the loot Sidorovich is after.
- Meet the stalker leader: Meet the stalker leader.
- Talk to Khaletskiy: Talk to Khaletskiy.
- Talk to the stalker leader: Talk to the stalker leader.
- Eliminate the military at the depot: Destroy the military squad spotted by the scouts around the depot. The squad is the main military force deployed to rescue Khaletskiy. (Note: These are the first enemies that must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Interrogate the military commander: Interrogate Khaletskiy and find out where the case with the loot the trader needs is hidden.
- Collect the loot: Collect the loot.
- Return the loot to the trader: Return the case with the loot to the trader.
- Get information about Fang from the diggers: Try to find out Fang’s whereabouts from the digger that the trader said he went to see.
Part 1: The diggers
- Search the digger’s body: Search the digger’s body for information about Fang.
- Get information from the digger messenger: Talk to the digger messenger to find out where Fang went.
- Follow Fang to the Dark Valley: Follow Fang to the Dark Valley.
- Talk to the outpost commander: Talk to the outpost commander.
- Find Freedom’s base: According to information provided by the diggers, Fang went to the Dark Valley in search of the remaining components. Find Freedom’s base and ask about Fang there.
- Talk to the commandant: Ask the commandant about Fang.
- Kill the psy-dog: Scraggy encampment: Kill the psy-dog which is making a nuisance of itself near the Freedom base. (Note: This beast must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Get orders from the commandant: Get orders from the commandant.
- Get ammo from Ashot: Get ammo for the Freedom outpost from Ashot.
- Deliver the ammo to the outpost: Deliver the ammo to the outpost.
- Find out what happened at the outpost: Find out what happened at the outpost.
- Find the active PDA: The PDA of one of the dead Freedom fighters is still active. Find the PDA - it may contain valuable information.
- Bring the PDA to Chekhov: The PDA of one of the Freedom fighters killed at the outpost contains a recording of a conversation between the attackers. The recording will help to identify the attackers. Take the PDA to Chekhov.
- Find the commandant: Find the commandant.
- Optional - Help Freedom eliminate the mercenaries: Help Freedom eliminate the mercenaries.
- Take the commandant’s PDA: The commandant’s buddies killed him after Freedom started looking for him. His PDA contains important information about the people he helped.
- Deliver the PDA to Chekhov: The commandant’s PDA contains a lot of information which can help Freedom work out who is attacking them and how they are getting into the Dark Valley. Deliver the PDA to the leader of Freedom.
- Catch up with Fang: Catch up with Fang by following his PDA signal.
Part 2: Catch up with Fang
- Find Fang: Find Fang in the basement by following his PDA signal. (Note: Scar must enter the ambush to proceed in the game)
- Pick up Fang’s PDA: Pick up the PDA that Fang dropped.
- Find the stalker group’s stash: Fang’s PDA contained the coordinates of a stash belonging to a group of stalkers which reached the center of the Zone. This is an important discovery because the stash may contain valuable information. You need to find the PDA in the stash.
Part 1: Talk to the General
- Talk to the outpost commander: Get information about the situation at Agroprom from the outpost commander.
- Talk to the leader of Duty: Talk to the leader of Duty. General Krylov may know where the entrance to the Agroprom Underground is located. That’s where the stalkers who reached the center of the Zone kept a stash.
- Reach the hole: Duty soldiers have sealed all the entrances and exits shut. The only way to get into the underground is via the holes monsters use to get to the surface. You must reach the hole.
- Descend into the Agroprom underground: You need to descend into the Agroprom underground. The only road to the underground leads through the mutant hole.
Part 2: The Agroprom Underground
- Flood the underground: There is an old pumping station used to pump ground water in the underground. You must find the control panel for the pumping station and dump water out of the reservoir. This will flood the underground.
- Destroy the mutants: Destroy the mutants that are physically pressuring objects, blocking the passage way to the pump station control room. (Note: The mutant Controller must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Leave the flooded area: Emergency water dump activated. The lower levels will be flooded. Leave the flooded area.
- Receive the reward from Krylov: The underground is flooded and mutant attacks against Duty should stop for a while. General Krylov will reward you handsomely for successfully completing the mission. Receive your reward from Krylov. >10,000RU
- Find the stalker group’s stash: The Agroprom underground contains a stash belonging to a group of stalkers which reached the center of the Zone. The stalkers used the stash to exchange information. You must find the stash and the PDA with communications.
- Leave the underground: Get out of the underground.
Part 3: Leave Agroprom
- Optional - Collect your reward from Krylov: >10,000RU
- Talk to Sakharov: Strelok has left to see the scientist at Yantar. Go to Yantar and talk to professor Sakharov. He may know where to find Strelok.
- Optional - Help the stalkers: A group of stalkers is trying to reach the scientists at Yantar through the bog. Help the stalkers traverse the bog alive.
- Optional - Collect the reward from Platonov: >”Sunrise” suit (reward for helping the stalkers)
- Optional - Defend the camp: Scientists’ camp: The squad has been attacked by the enemy. Help the squad repel the enemy. (Note: If the player does not defend the camp the player could lose the benefit of having a Guide in Yantar, if the guide is killed by the enemy)
- (Talk to Sakharov)
- Optional - Defend the camp: Scientists’ camp: The squad has been attacked by the enemy. Help the squad repel the enemy.
- Find PDA with documents: A group of stalkers found important documents in the factory area. They may help Sakharov determine the cause of the powerful psy-field at Yantar. The group’s signal died near the factory exit. Find the PDA with the documents.
- Take the documents to Sakharov: Take the documents to Sakharov they will help him to understand why Yantar became home to such strong psy-emission levels.
- Optional - Defend the camp: Scientists’ camp: The squad has been attacked by the enemy. Help the squad repel the enemy.
- Meet Lefty’s group: A group of stalkers is getting ready to fight their way through to the factory while the psy-emissions are at their lowest. Meet Lefty the group’s commander.
- Fight your way through to the factory: The area around the factory is full of zombies. Join up with Lefty and his group to fight your way inside. Hurry - the psy-field level may become critical at any minute.
- Optional - Follow the stalker onto the hangar roof: Lefty ordered everyone to assume their positions. Follow the stalker onto the roof and get into position.
- Optional - Don’t let zombies get close to the stalkers on the roof: Cover the stalkers on the roof while they work the installation valve. Don’t let the zombies get near the repair squad on the roof!
- Go to the Red Forest: The cooling station has been repaired and stabilized, so psy-emissions are at a minimum. The way to the Red Forest is safe. Go to the Red Forest - that’s where Strelok is heading.
Part 1: Bridge to Limansk, Devilish encampment and Forester’s hut.
- Stop Strelok: Strelok has gone into the tunnel. Go after him and make sure he doesn’t advance to the center of the Zone.
- Optional - Eliminate the ambush: Strelok is being covered by a group of stalkers. Eliminate the ambush.
- Respond to the SOS signal: The path to Forester through the Red Forest is unknown. There is a help signal coming from the Red Forest. Respond to the signal.
- Pick up the PDA: A dead stalker’s PDA is still active. It may contain valuable information about the Red Forest. Pick up the PDA.
- Find a way to the anomalous area: The missing group’s PDA had some notes about a path through the Red Forest. In its depths, there is a space anomaly which leads to the old hut on the edge of the forest. That’s where Forester lives. Find the space anomaly.
- Find the space anomaly: The missing group’s PDA had some notes about a path through the Red Forest. In its depths, there is a space anomaly which leads to the old hut on the edge of the forest. That’s where Forester lives. Find the space anomaly.
- Talk to Forester: Forester lives in the deserted hut. He can help you find a way to Limansk. Talk to Forester.
- Talk to the outpost commander: Talk to the outpost commander about the situation at the military warehouses.
Part 1: Bloodsucker Village
- Meet the mercenaries in the village: There’s a group of mercenaries in the deserted village looking for the group that got trapped in the space anomaly near Limansk. They can give you more details about where to get the strongest radio signal. Meet the mercenaries in the village.
- Receive the transmission: The water tower is the highest elevation point at the military warehouses. It provides the strongest signal. Go to the top of the tower and receive the signal from the lost group of stalkers.
- Optional - Kill the bloodsucker: A bloodsucker has been spotted around the water tower, which provides the strongest signal in the area. Kill the bloodsucker.
- Talk to Forester: A radio message from the lost group of mercenaries has been received by Forester via his PDA’s radio channel. Return to Forester for further instructions.
Part 2: The mine
- Find the “Compass” Artifact: Forester found a unique artifact in a space anomaly, which is very similar to the bubble that the mercenaries got themselves into near the military warehouses. On his way back, Forester was robbed by bandits and lost the artifact. Find the “Compass”.
- Bring the “Compass” to Forester: Thanks to the “Compass”, Forester managed to get out of a space bubble several days ago. The artifact should prove helpful once again to get the mercenaries out of the bubble. Bring Forester the “Compass”.
- Go to the army base: The army base has a powerful transmitter, which can be used to send a signal to the group trapped in the space bubble near Limansk. Go to the military warehouses.
Part 2: The army base
- Talk to the mercenaries: The base is full of soldiers keeping watch over the transmitter. Without outside help it won’t be easy to drive them out and transmit the coordinates for the mercenaries to use to get out of the space bubble. Come back to the deserted village and talk to the mercenaries again.
- Optional - Meet up with the Freedom squad: Freedom is getting ready to attack the army base to drive the military out and set up their own base at the military warehouses. Help Freedom attack the army base.
- Transmit coordinates: The way to the transmitter is open. Go to the top of the tower and transmit the coordinates that Forester provided to the mercenary group that got stuck in the space bubble.
- Meet Lebedev: The mercenary squad managed to get out of the space bubble and is now proceeding towards the bridge by Limansk. The advance Clear Sky squad is already at the bridge. Move out towards the Red Forest and meet with Lebedev.
Part 3: Bridge to Limansk
- Help Clear Sky capture the bridge: A mercenary squad is approaching the bridge to Limansk. They will come out on the bandit side of the river, so the action at the bridge will get hot real soon. Help Clear Sky lower the bridge to Limansk.
- Assume firing position: Assume a firing position on the first floor of the gatehouse. This is the most effective vantage point to fire at the bandits.
- Wait until the stalker squad arrives: Wait until the stalker squad arrives.
- Cover the mercenaries: The mercenaries are attacking the bandits on the other side of the river. Provide covering fire and help them get in position. (Note: One bandit must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Destroy the bandits: There are too many - they’re preventing the mercenaries from lowering the bridge. Kill as many bandits as possible. (Note: One bandit must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Cover the mercenary near the control panel: A mercenary has secured a position near the bridge control panel. Provide covering fire while the mercenary lowers the bridge.
- Eliminate the snipers on the hill: The snipers have the bridge control panel covered - with them alive the mercenaries have no chance of lowering the bridge. Eliminate the snipers on the hill. (Note: One sniper must be killed to proceed in the game)
- Optional - Collect your reward: >50,000RU >FN F2000
- Scout the road through Limansk: Lebedev has given orders to scout the road through Limansk to ensure safe passage for the main Clear Sky squad. A war has broken out on the city streets - proceed with caution.
- Optional - Destroy the machine gun nest: There’s a real firefight going on at the crossroads. The building to the left is held by bandits. The building is a good position to clear the road ahead. Destroy the machine gun nest in the building.
- Optional - Destroy the enemy at the crossroads: Destroy the enemy ambush at the crossroads.
- Move towards the canal: The enemy fire is too powerful. Leave towards the bridge via the canal.
- Optional - Find the group commander: Find the group’s commander.
- Optional - Supress the machine gun nest: The enemy has taken up defensive positions in the building on the other side of the bridge. The area on the other side of the bridge is well covered, so well that the Clear Sky squad didn’t even manage to get past the bridge. You must get through to the building and suppress enemy fire. The clear Sky squad will distract the enemy meanwhile.
- Find a way through the construction site: The suburbs of Limansk are very close. The road there leads through an unfinished complex. Find a way through the construction site.
- Optional - Help the fighter sneak up on the sniper: Help the Clear Sky fighter sneak up on the sniper.
- Return to the group commander: Return to the group commander.
- Find the generator: The path to the generator is blocked by the electric fence. The city has long been without electricity, which means the fence is being powered autonomously. The wires from the fence lead to the institute building on the right. Find the generator that powers the fence.
- Deactivate the generator: Electric unit located. Deactivate the generator and cut the power to the fence.
- Find a way to Chernobyl NPP: The way to Chernobyl NPP leads through the ruined hospital. Hurry - Strelok made it through the Scorcher and he’s very close to the power plant. Find the entrance to the catacombs.
- Sneak up on the sniper: The hospital hall is covered by a sniper and a machine gun nest. The sniper’s position is well-protected, Clear Sky will distract the enemy while you cross the hall to take the sniper out.
- Get to the other side of the hall: The machine gunner is unleashing hell on the lower floor while a sniper has the upper floor covered. Clear Sky will distract the enemy for a short while. Move only when given the order by the commander of the Clear Sky squad.
- Reach the bridge: You need to reach the bridge. Move only when given the order by the commander of the Clear Sky squad - Clear Sky will distract the enemy.
- Cross the bridge: Cross the bridge. Move only when given the order by the commander of the Clear Sky squad - Clear Sky will distract the enemy.
- Kill the sniper: The sniper isn’t protected from this side. Kill the sniper. (Note: The sniper must be killed to proceed in the game)
- (Destroy the helicopter - Not actually given as a main mission but required to proceed in the game)
- (Enter the catacombs - Not actually given as a main mission but required to proceed in the game)
- Incapacitate Strelok’s psy-protection: The psy-field intensity at the station is off the scale, but Strelok is protected from the psy-emissions by the prototype. Incapacitating it will stop Strelok. An electromagnetic rifle can harm the prototype’s electronics - use it to fire at Strelok and disable his prototype.
- Find the teleport that leads to the heat pipeline: The space around the station is permeated with teleports. To keep firing at Strelok you need to return to the heat pipeline. Find the teleport that leads back to it.