Got a job for you, Marked One...
The Mill is a regular abandoned place with a little loot you might find inside the buildings, this location was more active in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky events. This location was used by Loners squad and Military Grunts in Clear Sky events. It is a good observation point for the Military outpost at the Railway bridge in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. The player can climb up on the mill tower and take them out with either a sniper rifle or attract their attention to the mill and eventually kill them inside the building with any gun.
The mill comprises two buildings. The Mill itself with the grain hoppers, staircase and sniper nest; and the L-shaped storehouse. There is an abandoned truck between the buildings.
Shadow of ChernobylEdit
This location is usually the second place that the player visits after the initial strike on the Vehicle station. One of the Bandits meets his demise there near a stash. The location holds the following loot:
- Bandit jacket (south-west corner of the storehouse, under a pile of boxes)
- Silencer and 5.45x39mm ammo in a blue box on the roof of the storehouse. Due to a bug, the contents fall through the roof and must be collected from the floor inside the building.
- 12x70 Buckshot and bandages in the north-east corner of the mill itself (ground floor). These often fall from the supply box above when you open it.
- A Stash lies in a toolbox of the westernmost tower of the mill building - the location usually comes from a Bandit and contains a Thorn artifact.
- A useful Stone Flower artifact may usually be acquired by squat / leaning near the Mill hopper on the ground floor.
In Clear Sky, General orders his Grunts to camp in the Mill section and wait for the order to attack the Father Valerian squad that are holding the outpost at Railway bridge. Major Khaletskiy then points out that his hidden squad is hiding in the Mill and therefore Father Valerian sends his Loner squad to wipe them out. Player may come along and join the raid.