The bodies we found before didn't have those....
The content of this article relates to: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha, a popular third party modification. The information in this article is not to be considered part of the official canon.
Got a job for you, Marked One...
|Pripyat Underground (Lost Alpha)|
|Railway terminus (from CS cut content)|
Underground urban ruin
Pripyat Underground (Lost Alpha) is a major location in the standalone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
- The level amalgamates considerable portions of Limansk Hospital with Pripyat underground (Clear Sky) to form one contiguous labyrinth that the player travels through to reach Pripyat.
- Many parts are quite radioactive, most have an abundance of anomalies and all have the potential for mutant attacks.
- The level may be divided into four areas of interest:
- Very redolent of the Limansk Hospital level in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky but with no chopper attack.
- Highly infested with anomalies which appear to be de-tuned for this mission segment.
- Wildlife comprises a pair of Bloodsuckers and Snorks with a gang of Zombies further in.
- The player has welcome support from Guide at this stage and may conserve ammo.
- Guide only escorts the player as far as the Underground entrance proper.
Underground to RoadwayEdit
- The first part of the Underground is very radioactive, is occupied by snorks and rodents and is best traversed quickly to avoid suit degradation.
- A ladder up to a short network of broad sewers should lead the player to the well lit Subterranean dual carriageway where there is a need to locate a corpse by minimap triangulation (there is no map of the underground) in order to obtain the passcode for a door later on.
- There is loot in the area and in side rooms.
- Only rodents need concern the player at this stage. Any "player crushing anomalies" should be avoided.
Roadway back to UndergroundEdit
- With the passcode secured (and now undroppable for the remainder of the game) the player ascends the first of the laddered steel columns after dealing with the snork pair and avoiding the Burner anomalies.
- More than one of the side rooms upstairs are laddered back down to the second set of anomaly infested radioactive sewers where a group of Zombified Stalkers will converge on the player.
- These sewers lead into a labyrinth of smaller timbered tunnels where the player has a choice of routes.
- Generally choosing the left 'path' seems to work well and it is possible to descend to a lower, similarly styled level occupied by Karliks. The upper level contains rodents and possibly a pair of Morlocks.
- Eventually the player arrives at the codelocked door to the Rail Terminal.
Subterranean rail terminalEdit
- Occupied by rodents and snorks, the terminal is otherwise unpopulated.
- Player needs to get past them up to the central platform, then climb variously to the top of the service walkways and negotiate towards the right as seen from the entry door in search of the level exit to Pripyat.
- Clearly the player needs good radiation protection implying SEVA suit, SSP-99M Suit or a suitably equipped Military Armored Suit as first choices. It is possible to use middle grade armour but this tends to be heavy on medkits and antirads.
- Second generation Night vision could be a distinct advantage.
- While a handgun will sort out the Rodents and the Zombified Stalkers, a suitably modded Chaser 13 is helpful with the larger mutants.
- The player will also be carrying an assault rifle of choice for business in Pripyat immediately after conclusion of the level.
- Some good loot is available within the level including a