Spatial distortion/Activated by contact
|Shadow of Chernobyl|
It was one of the first types of anomalies ever recorded. A Springboard is an unstable gravitational field limited to a pocket on ground level, about 1-2 meters wide. Reacts to the presence of creatures or objects by sending out a powerful shockwave that damages anything within radius. The damage caused by this changes throughout the anomaly's lifetime, ranging from minor bruises through serious wounds to instant death.
The Springboard anomaly is very common and can be found almost anywhere in the Zone, both outside and in buildings. To the naked eye, the anomaly appears as a rippling heat haze or air fluctuation accompanied by dancing leaves and sometimes crimson-colored stains on the ground. Throwing a bolt into a Springboard causes it to send out its distinctive shockwave, making it easily identifiable. It is also one of the anomalies that are harmless to pass through for a split moment after having been triggered, making bolts very useful tools for navigating a Springboard field. As players approach a Springboard their vision becomes gradually but markedly brighter as they get closer to the anomaly itself.
Springboards are easily identifiable, and easily avoidable but varying locations and odd spawn points in the games can make them a nuisance in a firefight. Players have often died in the middle of a fight, forgetting or not noticing the anomaly's presence with all the distractions, then walking straight into it. Just like all anomalies, its best to scout the location and find a way around it.
Shadow of ChernobylEdit
- The very first Springboard encountered, also the very first anomaly encountered in Shadow of Chernobyl is in the Elevator by the farm in the Cordon, identified by a large hole in the wall by the smaller building near the train bridge.
- Afterwards, the Springboard is a common anomaly, usually found in the Cordon, the Garbage, the Agroprom Research Institute, the Dark Valley, the Army Warehouses, the Red Forest and the Pripyat stadium. A large amount of Springboards can be found outside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.
- The first Springboard encountered, along with the first anomaly in Clear Sky, is a large field of dispersed Springboards during the first mission after the introduction sequence. Like in Shadow of Chernobyl, they are commonly found in various areas.
Call of PripyatEdit
- In Call of Pripyat, the largest concentration of Springboard is located in the Dredge Station in Zaton. Otherwise, they are a common sight in anomalies, found in the swamp, the Claw Anomaly, the Yanov#Quarry, and the Pripyat school. One is also found floating above the Circus anomaly, although it cannot be reached by normal means.
This anomaly appears in all three games where it forms the following artifacts.
- Springboards remain active for a week on average.