|Sphere-08 Tactical Helmet|
|“|| A Western model of a tactical helmet that lacks camouflage. It is not known how it made its way into the Zone. The helmet is designed to provide a squad leader with strategic superiority over the enemy via its many scanners and satellite communications devices, which have not been installed in this particular helmet. Comes with multi-layered Kevlar protection and armored elements to protect electronic components. Includes a respirator and a first generation night vision device.|
- In-game description.
The Tactical helmet or Sphere-08 tactical helmet, is a helmet that appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. It is a separate item only in the last game.
The Sphere-08 is a high quality Western-made helmet, designed to give the operator strategic superiority over the battlefield via scanners and satellite devices (however, they are usually not installed in helmets available in the Zone). For protection, it uses multiple layers of Kevlar and hard armor to protect electronics. Usually comes with a gas mask and first generation night vision by default.
Call of PripyatEdit
This helmet is worn exclusively by Freedom and the Military. Compared to the earlier helmets, it is of superior quality in nearly every regard, though the Curtain helmet offers better protection from anomalies and the Sphere M12 helmet offers slightly better overall protection.
- Can be purchased from Hawaiian after siding with Freedom in enough missions.
- Bonus item when ordering the Clear Sky armour from Nimble.
- One can be found in a stash in the cement factory in Jupiter, on the tower on the top of the main building (where the radio materials for Nitro are found).
Only Nitro can install the final NVG upgrades and only Novikov can install the appropriate anomaly protection upgrades. It can be upgraded to a 'second generation' NVG, which can be made more useful still by adding an Infrared Scanner, allowing the player see hostile humans on the minimap when close.
- Despite being a Western type helmet, every Spetsnaz soldier that wears a Berill-5M armoured suit uses this helmet in all three games.
- The in-game description says this helmet lacks camouflage, however the inventory icon and in-game model do not correspond this.
- Despite being made after Western helmets, it does not incorporate the German World War II style (also known as "Fritz" style) used by modern combat helmets utilized by both American and NATO countries. It does resemble, however, the newest MICH-2000 helmet used by the U.S. military.
- Although the Tactical Helmet is said to be Western made, it is believed to be the Sphere-08 helmet since they look identical even though the "Sphere" name is given to the soviet made Sphere-12 helmet.
- ↑ S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, st_items_outfit.xml, The Berill-5M is a Spetsnaz bodysuit, modified for use in the Zone. The suit includes PSZ-9a series military body armor with beryllium sputter and a Sphere-08 helmet. Designed for assault operations in extremely radioactive regions, it is ineffective in areas of high anomalous activity. Does not hold any artifacts by default, but can be upgraded to hold up to two artifacts.