|The following is based on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Zombie Hand (SOC -cut)
|“|| The Brain Scorcher strips its victim of mind and reason, leaving only an empty, mindless shell.
The classic Zombies are an enemy cut from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, supposedly having been the weakest opponents after Blind Dogs. Loud ghastly moaning would mark their close proximity, and their attack was slated to have a special effect on the player's screen similar to that of a Psy dog. Supposedly, Zombies were meant to be the last devolution of the Zombified Stalkers, having lost the ability to operate mechanical devices.
While cut from series, the game files needed by zombies are still present in the installed data for all STALKER games, which makes it possible for them to be re-introduced into the game with the use of third-party modifications.
The Brain Scorcher strips its victim of mind and reason, leaving only an empty, mindless shell. The brainless bodies then turn into zombies, following only the most basic instincts, wandering aimlessly around the Zone without weapons or clothing. Zombies are little more than sluggish walking corpses, caring only about food and sleep. They eat and drink just about anything they can get their claws on but the animation of them eating is not included, hence they are virtually soaked in radiation and toxic waste. Usually they roam the Zone without any apparent purpose, or just lie corpse-like in abandoned buildings. However, as soon as they sense the presence of a human being, they attack immediately. Experienced stalkers have learned to avoid them if they can.
Appearance and BehaviourEdit
Zombies wear civilian clothing either colored dark green or gray. They are all barefoot, walk in a hunched posture and a slacked jaw. Upon being provoked by a loud noise in their vicinity or being attacked, they raise an arm in their chosen direction of travel and speed up to a rapid stumble. Their clothing raises intrigue as most personnel residing in the zone wears military gear while these Zombies wear civilian clothing, possibly meaning that some of these were scientists left behind, civilians who went deep into the Zone or tourists who went to the Zone before the first emission. One Zombie Skin includes a Stitched cut running around the cranium, lending credence to the Scientific research theory.
There exists another subtype of zombie, referred to as the "Ghost". Ghost Zombies are Highly resilient, and appear visibly scrambled, the cause for this unknown.
Being left with only the most basic instincts of finding and eating food, Zombies attempt to home in on the player, killing him with melee attacks. A zombie may fake its death after being damaged, luring an attacker to close on them in an attempt to loot the corpse. Depending on the Strength of the zombie (Weak, Strong, Immortal or Ghost), The Zombie will attempt this tactic multiple times. They can withstand a surprising amount of firepower from small arms, although grenades and shotguns can often kill the strongest zombie in a single close-range strike.
- Zombies still exist in the games' files, and can be re-added through user-made modifications.
- They are a possible reference to "Moulages" in the book Roadside Picnic, which are recreations of dead people from inside the Visitation zones who died and were buried before the "Visitation". The main difference is that Moulages were docile, unlike the Zombies of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
- The X-18 Laboratory Documents refer to subjects acting in a manner similar to these Zombies.
- Dead and decomposing civilian corpses in the zone have the skin name "Zombi_Corpse".
- Dead zombies are found hanging from trees near the Duty base, and near the Barrier.
- There are impaled zombies' heads in Shadow of Chernobyl. They are in the places occupied or patrolled by Monolithians, such as the Barrier in the Army Warehouses, the path to Lab X19 and the CNPP.
My daughter.......don't worry daddy will come back soon.... - Spoken in Russian.
Soldier.....soldier....over here... - Spoken in Russian.